Saturday, April 30, 2011

1,2,3 Malaria Pills!

So today medical gave us our anti malarial medicine. I go in knowing that if the name starts with an m I need to veto it because it can trigger depressive episodes, but medical seemed to be on top of their game and had read my medical history and had already decided that was not the best for me. Kinda too bad because it also triggers crazy lucid dreams. The m one is the first choice and when that was out they jumped to choice number two, the doxy one. The nurse handed me the doxy and I was getting up to leave when another nurse, my guardian angel, ran over and said we cant give him that hes allergic to minocyclin! Thank god, I vividly remember that allergic reaction and have no desire to repeat that experience. Two things occurred to methen. One that finally after years of writing my one allergy on all sorts of medical paperwork it finally paid off and two that I need to be on top of my shit because PC medical sure isnt. Best healthcare ill ever have my ass. In the end, they put me on malarone, which is by far the best in terms of short and long term side effects but it costs $5 a day so PC only uses it as a last resort. They told me to keep quiet about how great the malarone is, so they dont have everyone asking to be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment